TV110 Fitting Help Mock up pics

everything you ever wanted to know about corsets can hopefully be answered here
majors
Costume Afflicted

TV110 Fitting Help Mock up pics

Postby majors » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:46 pm

Good Evening!

I just mocked up the TV110-amazing corset pattern! and need some help with the bust area. I am thinking of going to the double DD front and middle front because I am not "settling" into the corset, please see below. I cut size H with C-cup front and middle front. Any other fitting suggestions? Thank you! :P
Attachments
unnamed2.jpg
unnamed2.jpg (17.13 KiB) Viewed 7267 times
unnamed1.jpg
unnamed1.jpg (12.92 KiB) Viewed 7267 times
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (12.27 KiB) Viewed 7267 times
Danielle Majors
Heather
Site Admin

Re: TV110 Fitting Help Mock up pics

Postby Heather » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:50 am

You know, instead of making just the cups larger, I am thinking that you should make the whole bust 1 size larger. The reason is that the side back seams aren't all that vertical, and have a "C" shaped bend to them. This will let the back and sides come forwards at the top edge. The rest seems to look pretty good. I can't see how the lacing looks. Hopefully, it is fairly even at the back and not covering up other fitting problems?
majors
Costume Afflicted

Postby majors » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:39 am

Hi Heather!

The lacing is even until the bottom inch of the corset, then the lacing is closer together. I was thinking of shaving just a little off the hip seams on the back middle piece to correct this. I'll try new pieces and post new pics in the next couple of days, thank you!
Danielle Majors
Bookwyrm
Inquiring Mind

Postby Bookwyrm » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:37 pm

Unless you're doing a corset for cuirass/natural form dresses, it's reasonable to leave the bottom a little loose. If you're wearing any kind of petticoat or drawers under the corset, they'll take up some of that extra space.

Return to “Corsets”