Hip pads?

everything you ever wanted to know about corsets can hopefully be answered here
tinalouise88
Window Shopper

Hip pads?

Postby tinalouise88 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:12 pm

nt]Hi! I've been recently making the Edwardian corset, and almost finished. Which came together really easily and fits well without well any adjustments.

My only question is for the hip pads, where you place them? How many do you need to make?
On the pattern, it says only cut two, and I double checked the pattern and says the same.

So does it just sit at the back of your back? Like I have in the photo? ( I am rather straightish, I barely have a natural curve to my back to start with. If I force into the actual S posture, my muscles protest and want to cramp up.... )

IMG_4483.jpeg
IMG_4483.jpeg (1.61 MiB) Viewed 846 times

Or do I make two pads and have them actually sit on my hips?

I don't much empty space since the squish fills it out rather well. I'm trying to lose some weight at the moment so I made it a size a smaller and just have a slightly large gap then two inch.
IMG_4481.jpeg
IMG_4481.jpeg (1.15 MiB) Viewed 845 times
Heather
Site Admin

Re: Hip pads?

Postby Heather » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:02 pm

Yes, that looks great. This hip pad is a single, at the center back. If you want, you can always add more padding at the sides, too.
tinalouise88
Window Shopper

Re: Hip pads?

Postby tinalouise88 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:23 am

Okay! thank you!

I mostly asked some I found even making the largest size, it doesn't cover where I actually need it.

Especially where those two bones sit on the side. I can get underneath the corset and even hold them. So I may make some smaller hip ones as well then and play around!

Return to “Corsets”