Scaling up TV108

Undies, everyone has to wear them.
hailstop
Inquiring Mind

Scaling up TV108

Postby hailstop » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:01 am

Heather,

I assume that as the waist and hip sizes increase on the TV108 Grand Bustle, the width of the bustle is increasing as well? Reason I ask is that my waist measurement is about 46", which is larger than the 2XL. I'm getting used to enlarging patterns so that's not a problem.

I keep debating whether I want to do a gown based on the Grand Bustle, the Imperial tourniere or stick with an elliptical hoop. I mean, I like how the big hoop I've got works and looks, so there's that...but on the other hand I really like how the lobster tail looks, even though it'd be covered up anyway.

And on the third hand I really like how the early bustle Demi Fashions pics look...but when I see those style dresses in photos being worn it seems like they're more like the 1885 bustles in being flat to the sides rather than going out in an A-line.

Is that just a quirk of perspective with photographs?

#ALLTHEBUSTLES #BustleADD

[edit]

Was also just thinking to myself, "Self, what do you really want?"

"Well, I want a gown that is still somewhat wide, but comes out further on the back."

"Well, self...isn't that an elliptial hoop?"

:bang: :mrgreen:
Last edited by hailstop on Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heather
Site Admin

Re: Scaling up TV108

Postby Heather » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:11 am

Yes, the wire length gets longer as the sizes go up. However, depending on your personal body shape, you may or may not need to increase the size of the wires. If you carry your weight in the hips side-to-side, then yes, I would make the wired part larger also, to fit across a wider backside. If you carry your weight front-to-back, and have a natural "bustle" going on already, then you might what to keep the boning length the same, or the bustle could end up lifting up really high in the back. If can get a bit tricky finding the right balance for larger figures, due to the increased variety of individual shapes. One thing that can also help would be to cut the inner back panel at center, and put in ties, so you can adjust the bustle somewhat.
hailstop
Inquiring Mind

Postby hailstop » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:20 pm

Well, I definitely have my weight in my belly. Very little of it goes to the back or the hips. :-)
hailstop
Inquiring Mind

Postby hailstop » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:33 pm

This is my initial thought for the silhouette.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22529283@N07/25811239290/

Return to “Petticoats, drawers, and other underwear”