TV416 boning question

Get how to's and suggestions for making your dream gowns.
Pam
Window Shopper

TV416 boning question

Postby Pam » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:55 am

I need to order spiral boning for the back side seams and had hoped to buy it precut and capped - problem is, that I can either get 5mm or 7mm but 6mm only comes in metre lengths (not uncut :cry: ). Since I only need four (two for me and two for my fellow Lanhydrock sewing buddy who is making her bodice to the same pattern), which size should I order?
I know that I will need boning for my own bodice in due course and also for the corset that I plan to make, but we have a limited time to get these bodices finished - any and all advice welcomed (even if it is to tell me to bite the bullet and order the metre lengths LOL)

Thanks,

Pam x
Heather
Site Admin

Re: TV416 boning question

Postby Heather » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:37 pm

I think you can go with the 5mm.
Pam
Window Shopper

Re: TV416 boning question

Postby Pam » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:48 pm

Thanks, Heather - the bodice is now flatlined and I'm getting ready to sew tomorrow, so will order the boning and that should be with me by Wednesday. The toile went together really nicely, so despite the nature of the yellow fabric (pretty but slippery, with a subtle sheen), I don't anticipate any howls of frustration coming from my sewing room! The whole costume is going on a UK size 8 shop display mannequin - we will have to pad her out a bit to give her a proper Victorian shape, since she won't be wearing a corset (and she doesn't really 'squish'). :lol:

Return to “Dresses, skirts, bodices, everything else.”