Question about TV 466 Alexandra Bodice

Get how to's and suggestions for making your dream gowns.
Keireina
Window Shopper

Question about TV 466 Alexandra Bodice

Postby Keireina » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:02 pm

I'm really confused. I'm trying to figure out what fabrics to pick for my bodice but I'm not 100 % sure what everything is on the list. What's the difference between the vest/collar and regular fabric. As well as what is the shawl/ cuff? I feel silly not knowing these but even after looking at the pattern I don't know.
Heather
Site Admin

Re: Question about TV 466 Alexandra Bodice

Postby Heather » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:11 pm

This is a great design for using 3 different colors or fabrics. The main fabric is the basic body of the bodice. The vest and collar look best in a different fabric, as it makes it look like a separate garment. The vest would be the very center front portion, and the stand collar at the neck. Then the shawl collar and cuffs look best in a third fabric. This would be the flat collar that goes from shoulder to waist, and the band at the wrist on the sleeves. These fabrics can be anything you like. And you can use same fabric for all of them, if you don't want to make them different.

So for example, looking at the photo for this pattern, the main fabric would be the print fabric. The vest/collar would be the green fabric (I have a piece of lace over the green in the pic). And the shawl collar/cuffs would be the solid pink fabric.

Does this help at all?
Keireina
Window Shopper

Re: Question about TV 466 Alexandra Bodice

Postby Keireina » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:15 pm

That certainly does! Thank you so much! I love that you gave me the picture to reference by! Made it so much easier! Now to go shopping!

Return to “Dresses, skirts, bodices, everything else.”