Hello from NE Florida!

Find others with shared interests, events in your area or just gab with new friends
deb
Window Shopper

Hello from NE Florida!

Postby deb » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:43 am

Hi everyone! Just wanted to say hello and to already say thank you for what I have learned reading while I waited to be approved. I have enjoyed looking at all of your beautiful creations!

I recently joined a local group of reenactors (living near St. Augustine and Jacksonville, there are opportunities for both Colonial and Civil War periods) and although I have been sewing for most of my life, I'm totally green and brand new at this!

Jumping straight into the fire by trying to sew an entire ensemble (from underwear all the way out) with a tight deadline to make something to wear to 1) Dickens on Centre, Amelia Island, and 2) (maybe) The Gilded Age dinner at the Lightner Museum, St. Augustine. I have options, still haven't decided which to make from the silk taffeta that I ordered. Was initially planning a German day dress and corded petticoat for Dickens, but then after learning of the dinner, I'm thinking early bustle might be more fun! I have time to decide while I'm sewing my chemise, drawers, corset and petticoats. :oops:
Heather
Site Admin

Re: Hello from NE Florida!

Postby Heather » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:14 pm

Welcome to the board! It is a lot quieter here these days, than it was in the past, no thanks to Facebook. But hopefully there are a few people left here to help you. It's always fun to see new people joining in the fun.

Return to “Meet and Greet”